Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dancing in France



A well-known photograph by photojournalist Paul Almásy (1906-2003), Rock 'n' Roll sur les Quais de Paris but I want to get June on the road here. The last thing I feel like is dancing but I could be persuaded by just the right (or wrong) sort. I love the second photograph, too, so I'm including it though they're not dancing; maybe just a little break. It's about 1948 in Paris. Everyone can make up their own story.

I just noticed the third image in my folder--an atmospheric (short-hand for 'messed up':) shot of Audrey Hepburn & Fred Astaire rehearsing a dance in France. Can't resist putting it in--yes, Funny Face by Avedon via Audrey1.org.

[Here is the
Almásy archive, owned by akg-images. If you just have to have a copy of Rock 'n' Roll, there are some on sale at allposters (dot) com.]

4 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hey Susan
Excellent photos!!! The first one reminds me of the scene in Roman Holiday when they danced down by the river...

Like your comment on last post.. "Anonymous Weisenheimers".. must remember that term... although I am lucky not to get too many anonymous...

Have a great week ... you and GG xxx Julie

Giulia said...

Julie - I didn't even think of that...yes. I should've found a pix of that, too & made it a Rome/Paris thing. Oh well...

You are lucky not to get toomany anony-mouses. Ugh.

xoxo

Penney said...

I want to dance he too!
How wonderful a place to celebrate anything..
xo, P
great photos!!
Happy Weekend!
xo,P

Giulia said...

Thanks, Penney!