Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sleep On It




On a search though it won't be these...& the poem &/or essay is not about safety railings & crib recalls.

A friend (who never comments here) sent an e-mail memo detailing what is wrong with the blog...ahem. She meant well but a bit of advice: if someone hasn't asked for your opinion about a painting, a poem, a song, your new hat, your latest wacky outfit, etc...stifle yourself. I know that's supposed to be a bad thing, but I don't think so. People have blogs for different reasons. I've been quite clear about mine. (And I am looking for a new bed frame, so this is fun. A lot of white rooms but I'm not feeling that tonight. Next week.)

Off to gardens tomorrow with Maria Caterina di Perugia. The only thing is, I find very few lovely straight (single) men go to these gardens. Well, it'll keep my mind on the David Austin rose collection. (Sob.)

[photographs via here, here, here, & here]

6 comments:

Joanna Lee said...

These photos are beautiful! I love your blog the way it is. We can't all have the same tastes.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Unsolicited advice should be outlawed. Love these photos, especially the first one :)

Angie Muresan said...

This friend must have lots of insecurity issues, as there is absolutely nothing wrong with your blog.

Susan said...

Oh Lord. I feel sick. I hope she doesn't see this & 'divorce' me. But thank you, guys.

Trouvais said...

Laughed at your last post, when I got to this I said "on, yes" out loud. That palazzo, Venetian villa- esque second photo is amazing. I've never really been pro wallpaper, but I can imagine one wall in a bedroom. Does you friend blog (does your dog bite...ala Pink Panther)? Hmmm. I love your blog. I imagine it is very "you", Trish

Giulia said...

Now, I'm laughing because I just saw the clip of 'does your dog bite' the other day. Maybe my blog is "too" me. No, she doesn't have a blog & I think therein lies zee problem. Well, one of them. But she is a very good friend. I've rec'd many mean msgs to be passed on to her & oh, that was so not the point. I'm gonna look at that clip again, laugh & turn this laptop off.

ciao, Trish.