Sunday, May 9, 2010

Garden Party Hats

Not everyone finds it easy (or even possible) to choose a suitable parental day celebration card. This is not because there's an overabundance to choose from. Think about it before you send email & the like to friends whose mothers (&/or fathers) you know to be, uh, not nice. I like the photograph because I've been looking at hats & it reminds me of some personal family photos from the 1950s & 1960s. Especially hats & grabbing a flower just before the white shutter noise started. That merciful noise that made some people straighten up, shut up, & otherwise behave, if even for a few moments. On that cheery note, have a peaceful day (really).

4 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

You're so funny Susan...
Like the fact that the shutter.. shuts them up... and the not so nice family members.. hilarious!!

Well as Giulia's mother.. I wish you a happy mothers day too... Great photo!! xx Julie

Giulia said...

Can't put one by you, J. Thanks. GG waves paw-pad.

Angie Muresan said...

You are hilarious, Susan. Happy Mother's Day to you! I hope Giulia spoiled you rotten today.
Have a beautiful Monday!

Giulia said...

Well. She let me sleep in (sort of). I was spoilt by friends on Friday (new hat!)...which might show up here if I can just get someone to take a snap.