Friday, August 6, 2010

Week's End - Italian Flowers

These flowers will prevent a cascade of photographs of blue dresses, Cary Grant, Mad Men characters, & other faiblesses. (Yes, I am working on Italian Stuff, anyway.) The Design*Sponge post prompted me to look up from the laptop. There on the desk is the same terracotta planter thingy & I have a glass bottle inside. So if I can totter up to the farmer's market (near Chompie the Shark, see below) tomorrow, I will do my poor-writer version.

Design*Sponge
has inspired me to do several smart things this last year. (No small achievement, believe me.) A few recent ones: finally, fer cryin' out loud buy the missing manual for a sewing machine; rescue a (fake) wrought iron plant stand in a laundry room; refrain from tossing out an entire bed because surely something can be done with the headboard. I bought the terracotta all on my own because I love plant pots. Now, I'll get a ton of spam with those words in it; sorry suckers, I have tight spam control alerts on.

Have a great weekend, wherever you are (& where are you, anyway?)

[flowers via Design*Sponge, many more--including Italian travel pix]

7 comments:

Hannah said...

These flowers are beautiful. I hope you have a lovely weekend my love.

Hannah x

Diane said...

Yes, the flowers are amazing. That one fallen petal makes it all the more compelling. How short a time we have to bloom......

have a wonder-full week end.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hey Susan
What gorgeous flowers.. and italian too!!! hahah..

Well I've been trying to put together another italian travel post but it just ain't happening!!

Have a lovely weekend my friend.. love your Night Lights post too.. ciao ciao xxxx Julie

Mary-Laure said...

Oh, peonies are my FAVORITE flowers! These are just divine.
And Italy....... I can never get enough of it!

ceecee said...

I'll be at home this weekend trying to stay cool. Piles of dried sunflowers on the mantle from the past two weeks. Watched 'A Room with a View' last night. Tonight - maybe - Children of Paradise, which I picked up for 1.00 (!!!) at a used book store. Never used and is the uncut and restored version (VHS). Haven't seen it in a long time. Napping with whelks at my ears might be nice. I like that.

I admire your industriousness as mentioned in your post.

Catherine

The Clever Pup said...

Hey Chickie,

I really should check out Design*Sponge again, I love the DIY and the Sneak Peaks but I got really sick of the mindlessness of some of the articles (not to mention Grace's wedding - is there a kid yet?).

I tried to tell the group as a whole that one of the contest-winning cribs was the most dangerous thing ever and they shouldn't mess with "code" on things like that. I got a lot of comments, ie. who cares as long as it looks good.

Giulia said...

Hannah & Diane - thank you. I've not been around to visit everyone enough. But will next week.

Julie--Ooh, I hope the connection is better soon. 'Tis so frustrating, I do know about that. I love your travel posts, particularly the Italian ones.

Marie-Laure--I know how much you love your fleurs, fiori/e. Hope Conn. sojourn was an island of tranquility, cherie. xx

Catherine--Dried sunflowers? Wow, from outside or ? I shall have to investigate further via email. What a deal on Children of Paradise..I've not seen in really a long time. Shall ask the Netflix Fairy to bring it next week. xo

Hazel/Pup--Say it, sister. Oof. I'm stewing about this stuff lately. Well, it's not ruining my life or anything. But...a bit of teeth-gnashing is involved. I know well of what you speak, not just there but seemingly everywhere.

This is on Sunday early evening. I just posted a Redheaded Woman Gets the Job Done post. A quick & dirty post but what the hell.

Night!