Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Planet Without Flowers

People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us.--Iris Murdoch, A Fairly Honourable Defeat

Not Murdoch's finest book, but she's so damned quotable. Very sorry to see secret-lover-for-thirty-years stories rising to the top in a quick Iris search. I thought cream rose to the top. Blech. (In March, I'm not linking to any.) Can no one keep their mouth shut anymore? Swine.

Photograph of Gemma Ward by Steven Meisel for Vogue 2006. It's via my crummy scanner (now deceased) but I see that it's in more than a few tumblrs, here. More photos from the Vogue 2006 editorial are in dustjacket attic.

2 comments:

Angie Muresan said...

Yes, she is quotable. I have a notebook full of her little bits of wisdom.
Thanks for checking on me. My days are crazy! How are you?

Giulia said...

Hi Angie. My days & nights are frazzled, I have to say. Updates as I can make public. But if you see this, did you receive my overly-long but meant to be helpful email about photographs, where to find, etc.? I hope so. About 6 weeks ago. Don't remember.