Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Life Creeps Up

However smart we may be, however rich and clever or loving or charitable or spiritual or impeccable, it doesn't help us at all. The real power comes in to us from the beyond. Life creeps up behind, where we are sightless, and from below, where we do not understand. -D.H. Lawrence

Life creeps up & so does bang (fringe) creepage. It will take all my will & strength to make it across town to cure this unacceptable state of hair-affairs. It's a welcome gray, cool day here today. Don't agree (entirely) with the Lawrence quote, but it's how life feels nowadays.

[photograph by Amanda Mason/all rights reserved/via Audrey Hepburn Complex tumblr]

5 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Susan
I know that look!! In fact I think I saw it in the mirror this morning!! hahaha.. although more a blonde/grey version..

Hope you have a wonderful day today... great hair day... and I will have a moon for you very soon.. just fighting with the internet ... xxx Julie

Melissa Blake said...

Good luck! And what an inspiring quote!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pic xxxxxx


FOLLOW MY FASHION BLOG

http://haideeandco.blogspot.com
http://haideeandco.blogspot.com
http://haideeandco.blogspot.com

Mary-Laure said...

Like you, I don't quite agree with the quote, but I think it expresses very well that kind of helplessness we feel in life when "things" happen.

Giulia said...

Julie--thank you, I saw your moon post...so wonderful as usual. And the poem, too. Excellent, J.

Melissa--thank you. I'll pop by your blog on the weekend. I'm running behind lately. Or rather not running, but limping. eek

Haidée--I will be there, too. I took a quick peek. Very pretty.

M-L--a big Yep. I hope NYC is treating you well...xo