Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dancing on Wine Bottles

Valued Exposure:17 year old Bianca Passarge of Hamburg dresses up as a cat, complete with furry tail and dances on wine bottles, June 1958. Her performance was based on a dream and she practiced for eight hours every day in order to perfect her dance. Photo: Carlo Polito/BIPs/Getty Images

Via BBC while doing some research. Utterly unrelated to people acting out their cat fantasies. On wine bottles? I'm too tired to make up anything sillier.

5 comments:

AB said...

Susie, I have a new goal. Can't you see it now?

ceecee said...

Bianca is my kinda gal.

They left your window open and the air on? My god. It's so typical. Last night the racks in my closet ripped out of the wall and everything came crashing down at 3AM. I thought the neighbors would call the police it was so loud - like an explosion. Now - clothes in the living room everywhere, where they will probably sit for a week until they come to fix it. I so understand your frustration.
Well, I am just happy that its cooler. The 90's feel like autumn. Can't find my sweater!

Catherine

Giulia said...

AB-Oh, I'd pay real money to see it.

Catherine--oh yeah. But wait, what? Your closets racks ripped out of the wall? I'll email you to find out more. Scandalous!

Signe said...

that is so facinating! I was wondering if it was a fake photo first since it just seems so undoable :)

Giulia said...

I thought so, too Signe. Maybe it was...but it cracked me up. It sure is a specific fantasy, eh?