Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bon Voyage, Chiot

Squeal. I cannot resist seeing this illustration over here (it was on Giulia's blog last week). Click here for adorable puppy story & vocabulary/grammar at French Word-A-Day. Are you trying to improve us, you ask? No, I'm certain you do not need improving discipline. I do.

Today is St. Francis of Assisi's Feast Day. This year in Washington, DC the blessing at the National Cathedral was held on Sunday. (I didn't get there, again. Must-do next year.) The retired Catherine of Tarragon's position has been filled. (Though, of course she can never be replaced.) Here's the slideshow & article from DCist. Youpie! We have a new Cathedral Cat, Carmina. (She looks slightly irritable but then she has a lot on her paw pads. Catherine is quite the act to follow.)

Additionally, AUREA has a delightful post about les toutous & Colette.

Update - today is Tuesday (I just told myself). Running a day behind. Eek. And the power has been off, as well. Rain? Storms? Nope. Just the old (f)utility mess.

(French cat by Clare Owens via Audrey Hepburn Complex)

9 comments:

simon said...

great picture- grab a camera and do a running story/video on Julie the cat! Midnight has not been the same since he became a movie star ;o)

The Clever Pup said...

Merci. I will wear the beret proudly.

My good friend gave me a bottle of Ricard and a 50 Euro note!
That also included looking after her son for 3 days.

Angie Muresan said...

Today is Tuesday? I'm behind as well. I have no idea where Sunday went, let alone Monday. What are you up to this week?

Giulia said...

Simon--well, of course, the applause goes to Clare Owens, the illustrator (& the eagle-eyed woman behind audrey hepburn complex tumblr where I saw it). I wonder what sorts of riders Midnight is renegotiating for his contract as Personal Cat--now that he's a star. Hmmm.

Hazel, Chiot/Gattina--It felt so right to find a French cat & pay homage to you & your French sojourn. How fabulous is your friend? (rhetorical) Ricard for now/upon return...50 euros to spend on something/some experience you might have crossed off the list as too expensive. This is great news. xoxo

Giulia said...

Oh, Angie. I forgot to say. I have no idea what I'm doing except waiting for maintenance folks, trying to get handle on too much paper/stuff, & to remember which day it is. Oof. I've now skipped ahead this a.m. & just said to someone, "Well, this is Thursday, so...." No, it's not. It's Wed. (as I type this reply) I wonder if you've posted something & I've missed it. I'm writing it on a list to my right. Pen in hand somehow makes me remember more than typing it. xo

simon said...

um- he has negotiated sardines for breakfast in fact

Giulia said...

Thanks for the laugh out loud, Simon. Seriously. Water in my mouth but I saved the laptop! xo

Mary-Laure said...

Love that chat. Is he wooing Giulia, I wonder? Does he play the accordion and walk around with a baguette?

simon said...

:o) yes the sardines are served at "room temperature" (sadly) ahaha!