Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday in the park with George...

George Brett, that is. The local-to-DC photographer who has been taking marvellous cherry blossom pix. Here are some more about-to-bloom-lovelies ( from GG's site last week) while I search for computer time for next week. Please visit Giulia Geranium to listen to Jean Wyclef sing his Million Voices from Hotel Rwanda's soundtrack. Tomorrow is the 15th anniversary of the beginning of the Rwandan genocide. Yes, worlds collide. That's just the way it is. ciao belle!

Update: I nearly posted a bride's photograph but checked George's site (for other reasons). I see that she asked for the photograph to be deleted. (I love his explanation, pictured, center.) So one goes to a very public place in Washington, DC during our largest annual event, the National Cherry Blossom Festival (a million visitors), & you make people take down the photograph? OK, whatever. But then you ask for copies for personal use?! I'm so glad that he declined the "honor." Here's the conversation on George's flickr site. He is calm & collected; I am steamed. (About the bridal behavior--not because I can't use the photograph; I like the replacement so much better:)