Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jerusalem 1986: The Borrowed Flat


Cringe. Originally published in WordWrights magazine (No. 29), copyright, October 2003. (written & revised over many years...it's been a few years, time for another revision.) Via scan with another poem cropped out. Not ready to see that again! Several issues are missing from the site. I'm not surprised, what a dysfunctional bunch (more than usual). You should (not) have been at the party to which I was persuaded to go. I whispered to a companion, "Let's get out of this boring, insane place--I mean really. The nerve to be crazy and boring? That is not to be borne." He said, "Material, you always say it's material..." Yes, well. That was not material. What it was I can say another time. Drawing a blank. SNL skit doesn't cover it.

(Copyright, Susan V. Sears/all rights reserved)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

1 comment:

The Clever Pup said...

Guilia

Cringe as you might, the poem is EXTREMELY evocative and I've never been there. Reminds me a bit of the scene in the English Patient where Almassy plays Katherine his lullaby record.