Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Change in the Weather

This illustrates what happens when you haven't really done the seasonal clothes rotation. Yet. UK Tights is a good tight-site. If you order enough & get them on the right day, little to no delivery charge from UK to US. Wolford are gorgeous but out of my reach (for now).

Just about everyone I know in the States, Canada, & Europe is trudging around in the snow. Here it's been in the 50s/60s & now zooming to a freeze. The last 15 hours have brought torrential rain, winds, & who knows what this afternoon-into-evening. This is mainly to switch over to December. Strasbourg at Christmas holiday soon, I hope, but things are still rather tangled here. Oops, there flickers zee lights.

Everyone in my sidebar & also on the profile page if I've not linked yet, have some great suggestions for holidays. (Joanna's always-entertaining Cup of Jo Gift Guide has just begun.) Giulia Geranium has ideas for good gifts that help. (photograph via audrey hepburn complex)

9 comments:

Emily said...

Brr, we have -17°C with the windchill factor today and it's torture waiting at station platforms for the S-Bahn. Still, we must soldier on. I wear skirts and dresses all year so good tights are a must for me. I didn't know about this site so thanks once more for making me discover good things. My Dad used to work for a compny that made them so I got really good quality ones free. Alas, those days are long gone.

Giulia said...

I was just thinking about you as I was talking to friend in western part of Germany. I know it's really awful all over...Poland, UK, Switz. Ugh. I really like UK Tights. I'll esplain later why there & not any sight here but they have a HUGE selection & really good feedback, too. Oh I wish my father had worked for such a company. Now, the lights have stopped flickering & so I will continue to move on to watching Metropolitan as you suggested the other day. xo

simon said...

we are experieincing flooding here after 10 years of drought. I dont mind it at all as it is flushing out our mighty Darling river and retoring many of the inland lakes and billabongs.

I am planning a trip with my friend Jim, (Maalie Blog), to visit Lake Eyre which is full. A salt lake in central Australia.

So, I am not sure if the weird weather is as a result of human activity or not... or just as result of the last ice age in its final stages....

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hey Susan
I love that ruffly image!!! beautiful.. almost makes me wish for winter.. I say almost!! hahaha.. In fact the weather here has been quite strange as Simon suggested... last week sunny and 30c this week rainy and 20c...

I think though I would love to see a White Christmas.. It's on my bucket list!!! wonder if too late for this year!! hahaha...

Love your pronunciation of Mooloolaba.. just about spot on.. must research it.. must be an aboriginal name.. I must say it was fun [not] typing it so many times.. haha.. Take care.. keep warm.. ciao xxx Julie

secretfragileskies said...

Love this - these tights look great - and your links on Giulia! Thanks!

simon said...

Julie!! you have a bucket list??? :o)

I read about a guy who was told he had a few weeks to go...so he went on a bucket list splurge... left his wife,offended everyone with the "truth " about what he thought of them, sold the house and blew the lot on his list...only to find out the doctor got it wrong and at 65 had to go back to work!!.... silly boy... (sorry susan this has little to do with your post!)

:o)

Giulia said...

lol...always happy to have a party here, Simon.

simon said...

yes I must admit I laughed at what happened... I think he was a comedian too..what a joke.. ( ahha!)

Angie Muresan said...

I adore that look though. The frilly summer skirt with the wooly tights. Love it!