Monday, December 13, 2010

Pumpkin Ginger Vanilla Pudding

The cat-pudding has repaired to the room with The Dragon (a heater), freeing up my Aran pullover upon which she snoozes quite often (see grainy photograph). One more holiday do-gooder event in which I have admin duties.

I did make a pumpkin ginger vanilla pudding & it went over well. More of a custard but the word 'pudding' is much more fun to say. It's a combination of three recipes, so a codified version is forthcoming. If the power stays on. (Hiss)

A few notes: Angie has a Romanian childhood holiday memory & chocolate recipe, here. Also, Vanessa's very helpful & delicious index of recipes. Carina in Copenhagen's "I want to" series is fun.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, thanks for the mention. As I write this, big, thick white flakes are coming down which look quite magical so I'm all Christmassy. Looking forward to your pudding recipe. I love Julie on the Dragon and it makes me think that we have to name our boiler on which all cats except Mungo lie on all day.

The Clever Pup said...

This all reminds me of a craving I had while pregnant for Martha's sweet potato buns.

I like the Strasbourg pictures too. So much more German. I've got a nice image in my head too of you polishing the floor with Giulia.

Katharine said...

Oh little flooflette. She is such a lovely girl (to others, I've met the fabulous Julie). She is really funny and puts up with no end of nonsense from her humans.

simon said...

pudding.... yes its a wonderful word to say over and over... lol

carina said...

How sweet of you to mention me:-) Looking forward tp the pudding recipe!

simon said...

Carina does Susan call you a pudding? !!

Giulia said...

Simon is silly ce soir. :)

simon said...

lol oh yes ;o)