Thursday, December 9, 2010

Back Where You Belong by Tina Tarnoff



This elegant & romantic piece was a summer surprise from San Francisco-based artist Tina Tarnoff. I wore it frequently with two linen tunics, too low-cut for comfort. Worked like the charm that it is, no sewing & lots of compliments. The last photograph shows two winter possibilities. I highly recommend that you hop over to Tina's justly-popular Etsy shop & her inspiring Thought Patterns blog. (Her husband, novelist Terry Tarnoff has a terrific website, too.) Tina's 18 sets of cards (update - 17 sets, sorry) are based on her intricate original papercuts. If you're like me & can't afford much this year, these are a great deal. I've given several sets to a variety of people & they are always loved. Thank you so much to super-generous Tina.

6 comments:

Susan said...

[This post did not do justice to Tina but I am in a sustained state of utter horror (approx. 5 hours & counting) from a GoogleAnalytics consultation. Many creepy peeps are arriving here via a disgusting site. They aren't visiting Giulia Geranium & you aren't in danger from browsing here. I wish these people would go back where they belong - the underworld.]

Emily said...

Oh that's terrible about these awful scumbags ending up on your lovely blog. Hope it doesn't continue and take care.

I saw this brooch on GG and absolutely adore it, especially the way you combine it with the pretty polka dot scarf and darker fabrics. Tina has some amazing things so I'll be sure to scout out a few last minute gifts tomorrow, although I might be tempted to hold onto them myself.

Susan said...

If someone named Neftali E. wants to leave a msg, I'm sorry but your comment was marked spam. I looked & you are a real person, but I have to believe Google in this case. Please use your personal email & not an insurance co. email if you wish to comment. Sorry.

simon said...

I am not sure what a bloke should to say on a post which talks of elegance and romance- but one thing is for certain ,we can all do with more of it!

Merry Christmas!

Angie Muresan said...

What a charming gift, Susan! Absolutely love it. And I like the ideas of wearing it for winter, as well.

Giulia said...

Simon - Yes!

Angie - It was such a surprise & a real lift when I needed it, too. She's so terrific.