Monday, November 1, 2010

Made4Aid Month

A bit of cross-pollination with Giulia Geranium & Made4Aid's new Etsy shop. I hope whether you buy anything or not, you'll check out the shop, the website, & also Sally's personal photography blog, Lettuce-Eating, from London. Many of her most popular photographs are available as cards. There's a nice badge that you can scoop up for your blogs & websites, too.

It's enough to prop up my faith in some humans (humanity? I don't know about that...) for the next several hours.
This beautiful messenger bag is but one of many hand-made bags for sale. That color. (As always, I don't recommend anything that I have not already checked out. I purchased several things from Made4Aid last year via their auctions. Everything went smoothly. No drama. At all.)

Important: if you have something that you want to donate to Made4Aid, please read this guideline list from the Made4Aid organization site. Any questions after that, please contact them. (Of course, they take cash donations, too.)

(photograph via Made4Aid)

5 comments:

simon said...

btw I can see the "work in progress" and the development of your blog.

( also my nickname in high school was Bugs.. ahahahahaha! Just kidding 100% Susan..But I did get the giggles!) ;o) ( actually it was carrot top.....and then E type , after the e type jag- quick but unreliable...)

oh dear I think I have had too much cough syrup.....

Giulia said...

You're forgiven, Bugs. Back to bed with you! lol

Emily said...

A beautiful blue, as is the background of your blog. Handmade is so special and I long for pretty things to cheer up November.

Giulia said...

Hi Vanessa...I wonder if you're back from Venice. I'll check tomorrow. Calling people to get their (insert word) out to vote.

Thanks for the blue comment. I just checked the Made4Aid site again...they're a bit low on product at moment but there are some nice things. Most stuff is free shipping which is hugely attractive, I should think.

If you know anyone who makes things they think would sell (or you do--they have sold photographic prints, btw) & would like to help stock the shop, I know they'd be so grateful. I've just decided to go searching for some folks myself.

Cheers...

secretfragileskies said...

Had to reblog your Obama poster, perfect! Thanks!