Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Refuge from Misery

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.”Albert Schweitzer

I have both; also, great good fortune: the cat shares my eclectic taste in music.


Here's an article on Human-Cat Psychology. Also I laughed at this article on The therapeutic value of cats. It's from a scientific journal. If you are inclined to read it, it starts in the lower right-hand corner & continues onto next page. What made me laugh were the comments from a scientist & from one Simon Teakettle the Younger.

I watched this lovely video several times last night. Wicked insomnia. I logged on to Twitter & there it was...I think everyone in the world has seen it but me. I love the East African music, too.

Trying to catch up is not going well but I forge ahead.


(photograph by Leslie)

9 comments:

Katharine said...

I'll have to read the articles tomorrow but wanted to say that the video is new to me. OMG I love that. Just bookmarked.

Cheers back to you, dear.

Carole said...

Love that image! Not sure my cats like my taste in music...they do very little dancing.
will have to come back and read your linkies.

hugs,
Carole

simon said...

I have lousy taste in music....here is a list from my Ipod.... Janice Joplin, Gordon Lightfoot, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Doubee bros, Amii Stewart, Goyte, Bob Segar, Roger Miller ( he sang King of the road), ,Otis Redding, Glen Campbell, Tom Jones, Camille, Incubus,

gawd the list goes on and on.....

Giulia said...

Katharine - I know isn't it great?

Carole - I bet the cats have a dance party when you go out:)

Simon - I like several of those artists...not bad taste. (Or else you risk putting me in the bad taste boat, buster!)

simon said...

hahaha! ;o)

simon said...

ps... jane Birkin! I forgot to add Jane Birkin to the list.....oh and Nick Cave

Giulia said...

um...Jane B. Well, I'll let you off on that one. Definitely, it has something to do w/her & not her singing voice. Eek. Nick, I do like. xo

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Susan
What a slacker I am.. only just getting over here and you my personal support team whilst I was OS...!!! must remedy

LOVE this shot.. so funny.. why is it the underbelly of kitty kats always looks funny.. and somehow 'very wrong' to me at the same time.. hard to explain..

Well hope all is well.. found some of my cat shots today.. but it will be a long wait as not enough disk space to download.. going through chronologically

Have fun.. ciao xxxx Julie

PS this cat looks like the family cat from my childhood.. before it lost a leg and we changed it's name to tripod!! [or tricycle as the mood warranted]

Giulia said...

Julie - oh don't worry about it. I'm just glad to see your surface:)

Kitteh bellies are adorable. Just like baby bellies...lol about "Tripod" xo

S.