Monday, November 28, 2011

Central Park in Fog

I don't do gift guides & shopping posts (though I enjoy reading them) & I'm certainly not paid for anything I recommend. Occasionally, though, I like something so much that I do link to it. I've loved Canadian Irene Suchocki's photographs on flickr for ages, enough to click 'contact.' People use her photographs quite a lot without mentioning that she has an Etsy shop, Eye Poetry. {finger wag}

Eye Poetry features three calendars this season & some discounted prints; there's a Cyber Monday discount on other prints as well. These are excellent prices, though, even without the discounts. Her subjects are like a round-up of what-I-love. Italy & France, animals, New York, fairy lights, carousels.

The holiday order deadline is past for Europe (& obviously Australia:) but as I said on Giulia Geranium, subscribe to the idea of the Twelve Days of Christmas & relax, man. The deadline for the States is the 5th, Canada, the 6th. Love those calendars.
This bridge in Central Park is featured on a small black & white vintage-photograph holiday card that I've sent twice. I really love these, too, though they are mass-produced.

Cheers all...


(photograph by Irene Suchocki)

8 comments:

Emily said...

I've just discovered her work and was astounded by how beautiful and dreamy those pictures are, especially the ones of New York. I think I'll have to get myself a calendar so thanks for the tip. Hope you're feeling better and had a nice Thanksgiving.

Giulia said...

They are just wonderful...you can tell a photo is by her when you see them out of context. I love that. I had a v. nice Thanksgiving, thanks Emily:) xo/susan

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Beautiful work and subject matter.. must check her out

Have a great week.. ciao xxx Julie

carina said...

Thanks for the introduction. I'm in love with her work - Venice,Paris, New York, lights and a VW bug - she must be my twin.

ceecee said...

This photograph is so atmospheric. I have to say it again - god I miss NYC! Won't be traveling in the winter, Susan. Wish you were coming my way....
Catherine xx

simon said...

very nice photo indeed!

Unknown said...

they're really lovely. great work.
and thanks for mentioning the artist properly.

Giulia said...

Hi all...taking me some time to get 'round to comments. But I'm glad ppl like Irene's work. I just noticed more blogs using her work & linking only to her flickr acct. I am so annoyed on her behalf. She would be doing (probably) 3-4 times more business if they linked to her shop.