Thursday, February 11, 2010

Felinity in Black & White & Color




Writing in heated exile (no not in Hell, you devils). Complicated feelings & I feel some essays (at least one) coming on; a pile of poems to revise. One new one. I couldn't do without Julie, that's for sure. The fuzzy photograph was an attempt to use the new laptop's web camera before we lost all power (& heat). The four-legged redhead has mostly regained her high spirits; however, she has refused a request to hop off the bed for a re-shoot. I don't blame her.

High winds still, maybe some more snow in a day or so. Not thinking about it now. I hope we can go home on the weekend. Our hosts have been great & I've tried to repay in tulips & two dinners cooked (so far). Also I created a little pop art installation of retro mini Coke bottles with pink baby carnations & green button mums (culled from otherwise dead bouquets). All in a row, on a windowsill. It seems to have gone over fairly well.

[Dr. Zhivago still by Ken Danvers, photographer for David Lean's film via BFI.uk.org/Catherine Deneuve & Coke bottle via LIFE archives/ridiculous webshot of GG et moi via a Toshiba laptop. The Italian book collage is from a scan I did for Giulia Geranium. Maria Caterina di Perugia gave the book to me on one trip back to the States. Now that we are staying at her house, I thought it would look cute over here. Maybe I've posted it before, we'll see what pops up.]

4 comments:

The Clever Pup said...

Lovely to see you. Hope you are surviving Snowmaggedon alright.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Susan and Giulia
Great to hear things are OK with both of you .. love your little fuzzy photo.

Brava to your rescuers!!! I'm sure good karma will be winging it's way to them soon... xx Julie

Susan said...

Hi H-Pup & Julie-Ruby in Sydney. It's been a pretty awful time, I have to admit it. Will visit when I can...if I can't be at home, I would rather it be Rome (or a few other places) than where I am. Now I feel guilty for typing that. But I'll leave it in. Susan

Grant-Grey Guda said...

Truly wonderful! I would be truly honored if you gave your poetic advice on my blogs of poetry and follow them.

Grant Guda
The Wannabe Poet


http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

http://humanicanagold.blogspot.com/