Friday, October 9, 2009

Week's End - Nobel Peace Prize 2009

The Nobel Peace Prize 2009. Oh my. Random cuteness photograph of Uncle Barack with darling niece Sarita who is making her wiggly-waggly way over to Reggie Love. (She knows who's the keeper of the candy!)

SUNDAY UPDATE: Distress at the incivility towards President Obama. If you disapprove of the Nobel Peace Prize award why not show how classy you are--or aspire to be--by offering a general courteous "Congratulations, Mr. President."? If you feel you must express yourself (especially in vulgar terms), pester those in your immediate circle--but not on the bus, the Metro, the nail salon (!), the market, the newsstand. Please. Stop. It.

[photograph via White House flickr set/Pete Souza]

9 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Oh my what a cutie.. and the sweet Sarita too!

Nothing better than seeing grown men showing their soft side. Have a great weekend. x Julie

svs said...

Indeed, Julie-roo. Same to you down under......xoxo

lettuce said...

what a great photo

:-)

Marie Reed said...

Wiggly Waggly! I just adore your way of describing it!

K @ Blog Goggles said...

Woah... that kid is the cutest!

corine said...

Those people on the bus?.. they're just jealous THEY didn't get the prize.

tut-tut said...

Yes, indeed. v. tired of obsessive disdain for someone who has changed world opinion of the US in a matter of months. I esteem President Obama, and I am so happy to have voted for him.

svs said...

Letty, Marie & K-BG (sorry,couldn't help it:)...yes, she is a cutie.

Corine & Tutty...thanks for the comments. I'm feeling ever-so-cranky today about it all. I could so use a little mp3 but really cannot do that after laptop, etc.

To all...if you've a holiday tomorrow, take it! (I'm giving myself the day off & out to do pleasant things. Maybe ear plugs...I do have some of those left from club days...) Hmmmm.

xoxoxo to all of you

Carole~Maynard Greenhouse said...

Came over from Julie's blog and congrats on your win!
I couldn't agree more. What is wrong with people.....just be happy for the man!
Carole