Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas

I was just made aware that it is already Christmas Eve in some parts of the world. Hello, Antipodeans:) So all hemming & hawing about which photograph & links is over - now. A merry Christmas & a Happy Hanukkah to all. If you are feeling grumpy, remember that today is Festivus & air your grievances. (History of Festivus clip.) But as I exhort people on Twitter, air them stylishly with your Shakespeare Insult Kit.

Yesterday I met up with a friend & we walked around the city. A quick check-in at the holiday market was nice but it ain't Strasbourg. We had fun though: a drink, a quick errand to buy this beautiful liqueur, & a last-minute decision to walk to the White House to see the Christmas trees. A good evening.

Tomorrow I'll lunch with a friend who will be wildly busy as she is a makeup artist. But after we lunch, she'll hand me over to colleagues for a facial & a manicure. I'm so looking forward to it.

If you have little kids--or are one, occasionally--have a look at the Santa Tracker. It's fun. Also some last minute ideas are always on Martha Stewart's site. My friend Mary Kay swears by these cocktail & punch recipes.

(photograph via Pinterest but years ago I chose it as a Christmas card from Galison. Still looking for ultimate source. If anyone knows, please leave a comment.)

3 comments:

ceecee said...

Merry, merry, merry to you, dear Susan. Enjoy the pampering today. My face is covered in flour...looks quite 18th century...would love to be sitting there with you.
Lots of love to you and the little furry one and best wishes for a Happy 2012...and for always.
Catherine xx

carina said...

Blogger is suffering from Christmas stress, I think. I don't think it saved my previous comment - so I'll try again.....

Merry Christmas Susan! I look forward to another year of 'talking' to you here in blogland.

xo
Carina

Diane said...

Merry Christmas!!! Hope you are having the happiest of holidays.
XOX Diane