Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Shopping


Perhaps not so much pretend shopping as actually pondering. I saw this Wallis Camel Statement Collar Coat on Liberty London Girl. It reminds me of coats my mother wore. The coat advertisement is not the same but the camel coat is the theme here--never goes out of style. The second image is Charm magazine's December 1948 cover. It startled me. A few tweaks & it could be a cover this year. (first image via myvintagevogue; second via myvintagevogue/tumblr /JUST COVERS)

Have a good Sunday evening (hello to Aussies & Kiwis...starting out your work week).

xo/svs

2 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

Weren't the old covers the absolute best?
Love them.
Merc
carolg

svs said...

Yep.But look how modern the second one is...that's what caught me up.

xx