Sunday, October 16, 2011

Toast Travels

I just walked in from a belated birthday lunch & it was wonderful. A chilly breeze has made everything a bit too cold & Julie is asleep in a pile of blankets next to the desk. The area around the desk looks much like this photograph from Toast (though I made my jam).

Toast has a little blog, Toast Travels, where they post on a wide variety of topics. I particularly like the latest one In Defence of Darkness.

The other online thing I loved this weekend was looking through Jilly's Menton Daily Photo. I'm behind in everything but enjoyed the ongoing wedding series. You have to follow the thread back as there's not a dedicated label. It's worth it. (I really really really get sick of everyone's wedding festival look-at-me stuff - this is so very different.) Also, Jilly's photographs of (male) flamenco dancers are gorgeous.

Have a lovely start to the week tomorrow.

(Happy Monday to Australians)

12 comments:

Katharine said...

I read the night sky article just now. Loved it. Going to look for his book at the library today. Plus, those socks are darling. I think it was last season but maybe they have something similar now. Off to visit the. Haven't received one this year yet.

Smooch, dear.

Giulia said...

I'm going to find the book at the library before you! (Probably, not:)

They are nice, those socks. You have to request the catalogues each season. Ask & you shall receive. (In this case, anyway) Susan

Melissa Blake said...

Thanks for the awesome links!

simon said...

I have not had toast in ages!

Giulia said...

Thank you, Melissa. I'm enjoying your latest essays very much.

Simon. Boys. *sigh* ;)

ceecee said...

Been stopping at GG. I'm with you on these socks. They are exactly what I'm longing for in the way of comfort. Alas - tres cher. (sorry, no accents.) Happy weekend, S...haven't been around twit too often anymore...but I pop in for a browse now and then. Maybe soon I'll get over whatever it is that ails me!
Catherine

Giulia said...

Oh,I think we can find some socks that aren't as expensive, Catherine. Though I do love Toast - esp. the stuff from Wales & in UK.

I know how you feel...I am not getting over what ails me but sitting here staring at photographs. So now new post until I can decide. Watching movies on Instant Netflix. I do enjoy hanging out with tweeps, though. I've met some really nice peeps...whom I will meet for real in November & December. That's exciting...xoxo

Unknown said...

i'm off to check out their blog. thanks!

i would love socks like that btw.

Emily said...

Am feeling a little cold and blue tonight so your post has really cheered me up with the thought of freshly made toast, warm socks and discovering the wonderful things about darkness. Have a lovely weekend Susan.

Giulia said...

Oh, Emily. I'm sorry you're feeling down. *smooches* from Julie & me. xo

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hey Susan
I'm a week late!! but seeing it is once again Monday here in Australia.. THANKS!!

Love the image in the last post..

Have a great week.. ciao xxx Julie

Angie Muresan said...

Oh! I do love everything about toast. I must check that blog out.